The Sony FS7 Mark II is a flexible 4k camera system which expands on it’s predecessor with an electronic variable ND filter and a stronger locking E-Mount which reduces lens play, and allows you to use most 35mm lens including PL, EF, Leica, and Nikon via optional adapters and the stronger locking system is ideal for using heavier-long cine zoom lens without need for additional lens support.
The Sony PXW-FS7 mark II kit is supplied with V-lock battery plate and two V-Lock batteries. The kit can alternatively be supplied with Sony BP-U30 and BP-U60 batteries by request only.
The camera is capable of recording in either DCI 4k (4096 x 2160) or UHD 4k (3840 x 2160) at up to 59.94 fps or HD at up to 180 fps to on-board media cards and records in your choice of XAVC-I, XAVC-L, or MPEG-2. It incorporates dual XQD media slots that allows for either simultaneous or relay recording. An adjustable handgrip is provided which allows for control of many of the cameras functions from the handgrip.
- The Sony FS7 mark ii’s 4k Super 35mm XMOR sensor offers the choice of either XAVC or MPEG-2 codecs, and features 14 stops of dynamic range and a wide colour gamut. The FS7 allows the choice of 2 recording options for the XAVC codec – XAVC INTRA, and XAVC Long, allowing you to encode from HD to UHD using Intra-Frame or Long GOP compression with 10-bit 4:2:2 for HD and the choice of 10-bit 4:2:2 or 8-bit 4:2:0 for UHD.
- The new stronger locking E-mount provides improved stability and strength and a safety interlock system that prevents accidental disengagement of lens and a reduction of lens play, enabling the use of longer cine zoom lens and ENG zooms which normally require lens support
- Included is a stepless electronic ND filter which allows adjustment of the density of the filters for up to 2-7 stops. An advantage of this system is you can use the iris on your lens to set your depth of field, and then make exposure adjustments with the ND, as it does not introduce any colour shift as the strength of the ND changes.
- The camera is lighter and stronger than aluminium builds, weighing up to four pounds. It also includes a shoulder pad and the SmartGrip for handheld operation, which features zoom, start/stop and assignable button configurations.
- The PXW-FS7M2 records internally in both DCI 4K and UHD 4K at up to 59.94 fps, and in HD up to 180 fps using XAVC-I or up to 120 fps with XAVC-L. DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) can be recorded internally without the need of an external recorder.
- The camera features two XQD media slots that support simultaneous or relay recording. The XQD card slots are shallower on the Sony FS7 mark ii compared to Sony’s FS7, making inserting and removing media cards easier.
- Genlock and timecode breakout is available with an optional XDCA-FS7, this also allows for raw and ProRes recording with optional recorders.