Sony’s PXW-Z150 Camcorder brings ease of use, adaptability and high-quality performance to a compact, handheld body suitable for corporate videos, weddings and legal depositions. The PWX-Z150 features an Exmor RS sensor with a UHD 4k resolution, Sony G lens with 12x optical zoom range and 18/24x clear image zoom in 4k or HD. The zoom lens can be used in either full-auto mode or as a completely manually operated lens, with individual control rings for focus, iris and zoom and produces smooth-rounded out-of-focus highlights.
For ease of use, the camcorder can support up to 6 picture profiles that are sharable across cameras, and includes Night Shot capability for low light shooting conditions, as well as date/time stamps, time code functionality and in-built Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity.
It also supports a variety of formats, including 100Mb/s XAVC Long GOP recording of 4k UHD video at up to 29.97p, HD up to 59.94p, MPEG HD up to 59.94p and AVCHD 2.0 up to 59.94p. Footage can be recorded either simultaneously to both cards at once, or recorded ti one card, switching automatically when full.
For audio, the PXW-Z150 features two 3-pin XLR audio inputs for line, mic and mic +48V (or phantom power) for using external microphones. Alternatively, the PXW-Z150 also features an in-build microphone to record audio while shooting.
- The 1″ Exmor RS CMOS sensor enables UHD 4k resolution, with approximately 14.2 million effective pixels, which includes a backside illuminated sensor and buffer design that is able to read information off the sensor to non-S designated sensors.
- The PXW-Z150 allows for more shallow depth of field than other camcorders with 1/2.88″-type or smaller sensors, for a rich cinematic look.
- The PXW-Z150 includes a fixed 12x optical zoom wide-angle Sony G lens, equivalent to a 29 to 348mm 35mm lens. The 12x optical zoom can be extended via Sony’s Clear Image Zoom technology to deliver an apparent 18x zoom range in 4K. In HD the 12x optical zoom can be doubled to 24x with Clear Image Zoom, and the Digital Extender function can double this range again, up to 48x zoom.
- You can select to record in XAVC Long GOP (4K/1080p), MPEG HD at 4:2:2 or 4:2:0, or AVCHD 2.0 at a variety of data rates.
- The PXW-Z150 is equipped with a ND Filter function, allowing you to choose four conventional mechanical ND filter positions (Clear, 1/4ND, 1/16ND and 1/64ND) for better exposure and depth of field control.
- The PXW-Z150 is equipped with two memory card slots, one of which is for SDHC/SDXC cards only, while the other slot is compatible with SDHC/SDXC and Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark 2)/Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo cards.
- You can fine-tune the look of movies before shooting by adjusting up to 99 parameters such as gamma, knee, black level, color model, color level, color phase, and more. Adjusted parameters can be saved along with other settings as a profile, and up to six profiles can be stored for later recall.
- Copy settings from one PXW-Z150 to another, to allow multiple cameras to use the same settings.