The Nikon Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S is a popular zoom lens for sports, event, and portrait photographers. The NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S from Nikon is an impressively versatile telephoto lens with a fast f/2.8 aperture. Thus suiting available light shooting and increasing control over depth of field. The optical design incorporates a series of ED, fluorite, and SR elements. This reduces colour fringing and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range. Thus resulting in improved clarity and colour accuracy. Additionally, new lens coatings suppress flare, ghosting, and surface reflections. Again resulting in improved contrast and colour fidelity.
A multi-focus system provides impressively fast, accurate, and quiet focus performance. Along with full-time manual focus override, to suit both stills and video needs. Vibration Reduction produces sharp images by reducing the appearance of camera shake when shooting handheld. The Nikon Z 70-200mm also incorporates a top OLED information panel. This quickly confirms aperture and focus settings. In addition, an assignable button permits exposure and settings adjustments via the lens. Finally, a programmable control ring provides intuitive adjustment over a variety of camera and exposure settings.
Key Features of the Nikon Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S Lens:
- Versatile telephoto zoom for FX-format Z-mount mirrorless cameras. In addition, compatible with DX-format cameras, providing a 105-300mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range. This also benefits difficult lighting conditions and using selective focus techniques.
- Featuring a combination of six extra-low dispersion elements, one fluorite element, and one short-wave refractive index element. Chromatic aberrations and colour fringing are virtually eliminated. Thus resulting in notable clarity and colour accuracy.
- Two aspherical elements reduce spherical aberrations and distortion. This results in improved sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilisation helps to reduce the appearance of camera shake.
- Multi-focus system incorporates two separate AF drive units. These deliver fast and accurate focusing throughout the zoom range. Full-time manual focus override is also possible.
- Use the Programmable Control Ring to control aperture or exposure compensation.
- Integrated OLED lens information panel shows aperture setting, focus distance, and depth of field figures.
- Two assignable buttons for quickly changing exposure settings and other functions.
- Finally, the Nikon Z 70-200mm is dust and moisture resistant.