The AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR is a portrait to telephoto zoom lens that offers a max aperture of f/2.8 and offers intuitive controls and a new changes to the optical elements in the lens. It includes six extra-low-dispersion elements and a fluorite element with one high retractive index element for reduced chromatic aberrations and colour fringing.
The lens includes a four step-effective Vibration Reduction system to minimise camera shake, a Silent Wave Motor AF system and four focus buttons featured on the lens barrel and full-time manual override with a lens housed in a weather-sealed magnesium-alloy construction for working in harsh environments, and the removable, rotating tripod collar spins on ball bearings for smooth and quick shifting between vertical and horizontal shooting.
- Designed for FX sensors, but workable with DX sensors for an equivalent zoom range of 100-300mm.
- Constant f/2.8 aperture
- Silent Auto Wave Autofocus mechanism for smooth, silent AF operation
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates. This mechanism limits the compatibility of this lens to the following cameras: D5, D4, D3 series, Df, D810, D810A, D800 series, D750, D700, D610, D600, D500, D300 series, D7200, D7100, D7000, D5500, D5300, D5200, D5100, D5000, D3300, D3200, D3100, Nikon 1 J1, J2, J3, J4 with FT-1, Nikon 1 V1, V2, V3 with FT-1, and Nikon 1 S1, S2 with FT-1.
- Weather-sealed design and magnesium-alloy construction is able to withstand dust and moisture for working in harsh environments. Additionally, the zoom and focus rings have been switched compared to previous 70-200mm models, with the focus ring closer to the mount now for more natural handling and control.
- Removable, rotating tripod collar spins on ball bearings to permit quick and smooth switching from vertical to horizontal shooting orientations.