The Cooke S4’s are well-known throughout the industry for their superb optical and mechanical performance. In addition, their control of flare, distortion and spherical aberrations is renowned. Finally, the lenses feature Cooke’s unique warmth and gentle focus falloff. This results in gently flatterer faces and skin tones.
Cooke S4’s are all a fast T2 maximum aperture.
Our standard kit includes: 18, 25, 32, 50, 75, 100mm. Additional focal lengths available by request.
Cooke S4 Features
- Hardened PL Mount with i/Technology contacts
- S4 optics provide maximum performance at full aperture. For example, superior control of flare, distortion and spherical aberrations.
- Cooke S4 prime lenses are colour-matched for compatibility with the entire Cooke range.
- All S4 primes have a true T2.0 aperture and cover Super 35mm format
- Detailed index markings improve focus control
- Cooke’s cam-style focus and large lens barrel helped the Cooke S4’s win an Academy Award. All focal lengths have Spherical aberrations well controlled. In addition, four-point contact bearings provide a smooth positive backlash-free movement
- Large, clear numbers on both sides of the focus barrel assist the focus puller in difficult lighting conditions.
- Most Cooke S4 Primes have a common fixed front diameter of 110mm. However, exceptions are the 12mm, 150mm, 180mm, 300mm lenses.
- S4 primes have an eight-leaf linear module iris assembly fitted.
- Lenses suit a variety of shooting applications. For example, handheld and Steadicam use.