The Canon RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Lens is a compact and versatile wide-angle to short telephoto zoom lens. It has a constant f/4 maximum aperture. This zoom features a five-stop-effective Image Stabiliser and customisable Control Ring. In addition, an Air Sphere Coating, and a Nano USM autofocus motor. The lens features a rounded 9-blade aperture design. Finally, a front filter thread size of 77mm, and a minimum focusing distance of 45cm.
- Image Stabiliser
- The lens works in tandem with the EOS R camera to provide Dual Sensing IS for stills. In addition, 5-axis IS for movies. The result, compensation of camera shake up to 5 stops.
- Control Ring
- The RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM features Canon’s new lens control ring. Consequently, this provides customisable control over aperture, shutter speed, ISO or exposure compensation.
- Air Sphere Coating
- Canon’s new multi-layered Air Sphere Coating (ASC) protects against flare, ghosting and reduced contrast.
- Nano USM
- Nano USM is included for the first time in an L-series lens. This combines super-fast accurate ring type USM AF for stills shooting, and smooth quiet STM AF for movies. Full-time manual focus control is available when working in the one-shot AF mode.
- Built in Digital Lens Optimiser (DLO)
- DLO data is stored inside RF series lenses. This delivers real time benefits of higher image quality, reduced aberrations and distortion. in addition, this causes no adverse impact to camera speed and performance.