The Canon 18-80 is a lightweight hybrid cinema zoom lens. To clarify, it includes the functionality of the Canon EF lens, with the features of their CN-E cinema lens range. Secondly, the lens is designed for use with cameras with EF lens mounts. Thirdly, it suits both Super-35 sensors and APS-C sensors. Finally, the Canon 18-80 maintains a constant t-stop of 4.4 throughout it’s focal range.
The CNE 18-80 is Canon’s first cine-style lens with image stabilisation. In addition in includes an auto focus feature when paired with Canon EOS cameras.
The lens also includes full-servo control. For example, it is compatible with industry standard servo controllers including Canon’s ZSD-300D Servo Zoom. However, for run and gun the optional ZSG-C10 grip adds flexibility and control. Finally, a 9-blade iris helps capture cinematic imagery with great Bokeh.
- Covers Super 35 & APS-C Formats
- 18-80mm focal length (4.4x zoom ratio)
- EF Mount
- T4.4 Constant Maximum Aperture
- 9-Blade Iris
- Minimal focus breathing
- Par-focal design to maintain focus during zoom
- 0.8 MOD focus gear ring, 0.5 MOD iris and zoom gear rings
- Matching colour characteristics with other CN-E lenses.
- Compact and lightweight
- Servo control capability for all zoom, focus and iris
- Powered through camera mount
- Compatible with broadcast style servo lens controllers
EOS Cinema Camera Capabilities
- Auto-focus functions
- Image stabilisation
- Remote control of zoom, focus and iris in-camera
- Record controls from the grip
- Peripheral illumination correction
- Chromatic aberration correction.