The ARRI L7C Colour LED Fresnel seamlessly integrates into the studio or onto the set.
The key characteristic of any Fresnel is flood to spot capability. The L7-C meets and exceeds expectations with an impressive beam angle of 15-50°. There’s simply no learning curve when swapping out L7C’s with standard Fresnels.
The L7-C is a “fully tune-able” white light source. This allows matching existing fixtures from a warm 2,700K to ice-blue 10,000K. The on-board controller allows manual intensity control. In addition, colour temperature and +/- green. Specific colour shades and skin tones can be matched through the full gamut colour mixing feature. All of the functions can be controlled via DMX, an ideal feature for broadcast studios. The hybrid cooling system allows for cooling both actively (with a fan) or passively (without a fan).
The L7-C LED source produces the equivalent of a 750W tungsten light. While drawing only 220W. Thus saving 75% over similar output tungsten lights. Low heat means lower AC bills in the studio. You can actually run 9 L7s off of a 10A, 240 VAC outlet.
Familiar But Revolutionary
Quality of light begins with the field. Smooth intensity, uniform colour, even illumination: all are traits shared by the L-Series and conventional ARRI Fresnels.
A key element of the versatility of traditional Fresnels is the ability to spot and flood the beam as needed. Unlike traditional Fresnels, with significant light waste in spot focus. The ARRI L-Series optical system maintains the same field lumens in all focus positions.
Even Light Field
Clear, defined shadows have traditionally have only been a trait of single source tungsten and daylight fixtures. ARRI L-Series Fresnels provide the same single shadow properties designers expect, delivering natural results.
Colour: Vibrant, Full-spectrum Lighting
The ARRI L7-C can be adjusted for different skin tones, camera sensors and mixed-light environments. In addition, specific colour shades can be matched through full gamut colour mixing. Unlike other LED fixtures, this level of colour control does not involve compromising the quality of the light field.
- Hybrid Cooling
- Allows for cooling both passively (without a fan) and actively (with a fan). This unit is larger and heavier than the Active version but can run completely silently if needed
- Focus Knobs
- True Blue-style focus knobs provide the precise adjustment and rapid flood-to-spot that users enjoy from manual, mechanical control. Knobs on both sides of the fixture ensure easy access from all positions. Turning the knobs is neither tedious nor time-consuming; full flood-to-spot can be achieved in only three turns.
Sliding Stirrups, Yoke and Tilt Lock
The ARRI sliding stirrup design enables precise adjustment of the fixture’s centre of gravity, to compensate for front-end accessories. It also creates the option of pulling the fixture back and reducing its hanging height.
With an extremely slim profile, the extruded aluminum yoke provides high strength without added weight. An optional pole-operated yoke allows full operation of pan, tilt and focus from the floor.
The high strength tilt lock provides extremely secure locking. Thus, eliminating movement and slippage and ensuring that the fixtures will stay where you put them.
For broadcast studios, remote fixture control is of paramount importance, and all functions of the L7 are controllable through DMX. The L7 is also fully RDM compatible, providing bi-directional feedback and reporting of parameters.
- On-board Control
- The on-board controller has manual intensity adjustment. This controls colour temperature and plus/minus green. Switch to manipulate hue and saturation at the touch of a button.
- Energy Savings
- ARRI L-Series fixtures reduce electricity usage by 75%. In addition, their LED light engines last 200 times longer than tungsten bulbs. These and other cost-saving attributes will combine to affect a rapid return on your investment.
- Location Applications
- Lighting teams working on location will love the versatility they can achieve in small to medium-size packages. Nine ARRI L7 Fresnels can be run off a single 10A, 240 VAC outlet.
- Upgradeable Technology
- The L7 is an expansible platform designed to adapt with the latest enhancements in LED chip performance. The light engine is fully upgradeable. This ensures the fixture takes advantage of technology advances. The firmware is also upgrade-able through the USB port on the rear of each unit.