[UPDATE] Camera Hire now has two Canon C300 mark II cinema cameras in stock and available for hire.
Canon has announced two new 4K cameras: the C300 Mark II Digital Cinema Camera and the XC10 4K Compact Camcorder.
The C300 Mark II features several major upgrades, including the ability to record 10/12-bit 4K video at either DCI 4K or Ultra HD resolution internally to CFast 2.0 cards. Additional features include 4K Raw output over 3G-SDI, a 4K-capable HDMI 2.0 output, and a new OLED electronic viewfinder.
C300 Mark II Highlights
- Super 35mm CMOS Sensor
- 4K,1920×1080 60/50i, 23.98/25p True 24p
- Canon XF Codec – 4:2:2 50 Mb/s MPEG-2
- EF Lens Mount
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Rotating 4″ LCD Monitor
- 2x 3D-SDI Output, 2x SLR Inputs
- 2x CFast Card Slots
- Timecode I/O, Genlock In & Sync Out
- Canon Log Gamma
The XC10 brings 4K to a compact, versatile system that incorporates a built-in 10x f/2.8-5.6 zoom lens, flip-out 3.0″ LCD touchscreen, and a 90-degree rotatable handgrip. Its 1″-type CMOS sensor delivers 8-bit 422 video up to Ultra HD at 24 and 30 fps to CFast 2.0 memory cards. In addition to 4K video, the camera can also capture 12-megapixel photos independently, or extract still images while recording or playing back video.
- 1″ CMOS Sensor and DIGIC DV 4 Processor
- UltraHD 4K at 29.97/25/23.98p
- H.264 Recording in MFX Wrapper
- Up to 305 Mbps 4K / 50 Mbps HD Recording
- SDHC/SDXC and CFast Card Slots
- HDMI Output – Supports 4K Monitoring
- 10x Zoom / 8.9 to 89mm Focal Length
- f/2.8 to 5.6 Aperture Range
- 100 to 20,000 ISO Range
- Ergonomic Tilting Hand Grip