The Sony 24-70 f/2.8 GM Lens is a versatile wide-angle to short telephoto lens designed for E-mount cameras. With a constant f/2.8 aperture, the lens excels in low light situations and in situations favouring selective focus techniques. Complementing the lens’ low light performance is an impressive optical design featuring three aspherical elements and two extra-low dispersion elements, with one of the aspherical elements designed to reduce spherical aberrations through the zoom range and ensuring refined surface precision. The lens also features Nano AR Coating to reduce lens flaring and and ghosting to improve contrast and colour neutrality significantly.
- The lens system features a Direct Drive SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) providing fast and quiet auto-focus functions and precise, efficient manual focus functions.
- The G Master series lens’ are designed to correct a wide variety of spherical and chromatic aberrations, resulting in notably high resolution and sharpness
- Robust and intuitive physical designs are suited for both cine and photography work. The lens features a focus hold button and rubberised control dials, and is dust and moisture-sealed, efficient for working in rougher weather conditions.
- The 24-70 zoom is a standard lens designed for full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras and is also compatible with APS-C models, providing a 36-105 equivalent focal length.
- An XA element incorporated into one of the spherical elements designed to reduce astigmatism, coma and other monochromatic aberrations.
- Nine-blade diaphragm contributing to improved bokeh quality.
- An extra-low dispersion element and one super ED element to help control chromatic aberrations and colour fringing for improve colour fidelity.
- Nano AR Coating to reduce lens flaring and and ghosting to improve contrast and colour neutrality significantly.