The Sennheiser MKH-416 Shotgun Microphone is a combination of pressure gradient and interference tube microphones. In addition, it provides very good feedback rejection, low proximity effect, 130 dB/SPL. Finally, it is both rugged and resistant to changing climate conditions. Consequently, the 416 is Ideal for boom, fish-pole, and camera mounting.
The MKH 416 is a superb all-around microphone for film, radio and television, especially for outside broadcast applications. For example, excellent directivity, compact design, and feedback rejection.
Pressure gradient receiver with short interference tube
- Employs RF-technology to control residual microphone noise. Optimising the transducer’s acoustic impedance results in a further improvement in low noise performance.
- The RF-design yields exceptionally low noise levels and is virtually immune to humidity and moisture.
- The comparatively low RF-voltage across the elements of the transducer also eliminates arcing and DC-bias creeping currents.
- Hypercardioid at low and medium frequency, above 2kHz approaches lobar pattern
- Very low self-noise and high sensitivity
- Rugged, suitable for adverse climatic conditions
- Optimum S/N ratio
- Lowest noise and greatest signal stability
- Highly immune to humidity in all conditions; extremely stable