The Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS mark II offers a powerful option for looking for versatility between a wide-angle range and short telephoto. It features all the usual advantages afforded to the L series lenses including a dust and water resistant construction and fluorine coating on the front and rear elements as well as new features to such as a new optical design to reduce vignetting, an Air Sphere coating to reduce ghosting and flaring and an Ultrasonic motor auto-focusing system,
The in-built optical stabiliser will compensate for 4 stops of shutter speed for less shake.
Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS mark II lens specs
- 24-105mm zoom range
- Constant 4 stop aperture
- Compatibility for APS-C format cameras providing 38.4-168mm equivalent focal length range
- Four glass-molded aspherical elements to minimize distortions through zoom range and improve sharpness and illumination
- Air Sphere Coating to reduce backlit flaring and ghosting for maintained light transmission and high contrast in strong lighting situations
- Ultrasonic Motor with fast, precise and near-silent auto-focusing performance.
- Optical image stabilisation compensating for up to 4 stops of shutter speed
- Zoom lock
- Full-time manual focusing
- Ten rounded diaphragm blades contribute to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.