The Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L IS USM is a short telephoto prime with a sophisticated optical layout including one glass-moulded aspherical element to reduce aberrations and distortion for better sharpness and clarity.
It will open upto f/1.4, making it an incredibly fast lens with greater control over depth of field and low light conditions.
- One glass-molded aspherical element helps to reduce distortion and spherical aberrations for improved sharpness and clarity.
- An Air Sphere Coating (ASC) has been applied to lens elements to reduce backlit flaring and ghosting for maintained light transmission and high contrast in strong lighting conditions.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with optimised AF algorithms, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and near-silent autofocus performance.
- Optical image stabilisation minimises the effects of camera shake by compensating for up to four stops of shutter speed.
- Full-time manual focus operation is available for fine-tuning of your focus position when working in the AF mode.