Cooke Panchro/i Classic FF Lenses are a reworking of the vintage Cooke Speed Panchro. These lenses include Cooke’s i-Technology lens data system.
Panchro Classic’s have a similar look and feel to the vintage original. However colour and sharpness consistency between lenses is much improved. Lens housings are a modern cinema lens design, similar to the Cooke S4’s.
Camera Hire now stock Cooke Panchro/i Classic FF Lenses. These now cover Large Format, Full-Frame sensors as well as Super-35. Ideal for cameras such as the ARRI Alexa Mini LF, Sony Venice, RED Monstro etc.
Two sets of Cooke FF Panchro/i Classics are now available. Focal lengths available include the 21, 25, 32, 40, 50, 65 MACRO, 75, 100 and 135mm. Finally, the 18mm is due late 2023 (delayed due to issues with Cooke’s production – none currently anywhere in the world).
The Cooke Panchro/i Classic’s cover Full-Frame (Large Format) and Super-35 sensors. Incorporating a nine-blade iris for cinematic bokeh, and aberration, flare and distortion correction extends over the entire image area.
- A warm vintage Cooke Speed Panchro look with the convenience of the i/Technology lens data capture system
- Covers Full Frame sensors (image circle)
- Wide T2.2 to T22 aperture range
- Color-matched with other Cooke primes
- Also relatively lightweight, compact form factor with 110mm front diameter
- PL /i Technology mount will transfer lens data when used with compatible cameras
- Nine-bladed iris produces cinematic bokeh (out-of-focus highlights)
- Finally, 270° of focus barrel rotation; 90° of aperture scale rotation
Examples of work shot on our Cooke FF Panchro/i Classic Lenses:
Cinematographer: Alexander Leeway
Client: The Veronicas
Cinematographer: Matthew Hopkins
Client: Kobie Dee
|T Stop Range||T2.2–22||T2.4–22||T2.2–22||T2.6–22||T2.8–22|
|Angular Rotation of Iris Scale||90°|
|Close Focus from Sensor Plane||300mm (9”)||300mm (13”)||350mm (12”)||400mm||325mm||700mm||600mm||850 mm (2’9″)|
|Angular Rotation to MOD Endstop||270°|
|Max. Diagonal Angle of View for Super 35 Format||80°||72°||62°||50°||41°||33°||27°||22°||16°||13°|
|Length from Front of Lens to Lens Mount||127mm||127mm||125mm||110mm||103mm||113mm||199mm||155mm||161mm||168mm|
|Maximum Front Diameter||110mm (4.33”)|
For more information see https://cookeoptics.com/lens/panchro-i-classic-ff/