Canon continues its popular cinema camera range with the latest addition to the family, the C200. The Canon CMOS sensor is modelled on Super 35 film standard. It is capable of delivering 4096 x 2160 resolution for Cine 4k, as well as supporting the Ultra HD and Full HD.
The Canon C200 features a built-in EVF, 4” LCD screen, top handle, Super 35 CMOS sensor, and Dual Pixel Autofocus. An EF lens mount is compatible with a broad range of DSLR lens and their line of CN-E cinema prime and zoom lenses. Finally, the C200 features dual DIGIC DV 6 image processors.
The EOS C200 provides continuous autofocus with all autofocus lenses. It utilises Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology, which is useful for smaller or single shooter crews. The Canon C200 features a dynamic range of 13 stops and an iso range of 160 – 25600.
The camera is able to record in Canon’s Cinema RAW Light via its single CFast card slot. In addition, it incorporates two SD card slots for 4k UHD/HD MP4 recording. You can output video via the camera’s SDI output, and the built-in XLR connectors provide two channels of audio at line, mic, and mic+48V level. A built-in Ethernet connector provides input/output control.
Canon EOS C200 Features
- Super 35mm CMOS Sensor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF Technology
- Dual DIGIC DV 6 Processors
- Shooting in 4k DCI, UHD and Full HD
- Single CFast Slot for Cinema RAW recording and Dual SD slots for 4k/HD recording
- 13 Stops of Dynamic Range
- 2 Built-in XLR Connectors
- Shooting in Wide DR, Canon Log and Canon Log 3
- EVF and 4” LCD Screen
- Shooting up to 60fps in UHD 4k and 120fps in UHD 1080p