The AKG C 451BST microphones are simply a matched pair of C 451B cardioid condenser microphones. A stereo pair features perfectly matched elements with identical frequency response, signal to noise ratio, dynamic range, sensitivity, SPL, etc. Perfectly matched elements provide the best results for stereo miking of instruments, live performances, ambience and sound effects. An AKG H50 stereo mounting bar is included for miking live performances and ambience.
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The Cardioid pick up pattern is useful in situations where off axis leakage is a problem. The 451B attenuates around the off-axis (side) sections of the microphone resulting in a directional pick up pattern.
- Switchable Pad
- Switchable 10 dB or 20 dB pads increase the microphone’s SPL capability when close-micing, high-energy sound sources or driving preamps or mixers with limited headroom.
- Switchable Highpass Filters
- Switchable highpass filters (75 Hz or 150 Hz, 12 dB/octave). High pass filters accentuate mid and high end pressence by eliminating unnecessary low end frequencies. Often used when recording cymbals on drum kits.
- Fixed Capsule
- To eliminate the mechanical problems of screw on capsules, the 451B features a fixed capsule, designed after the classic CK 1.
- Flat Frequency Response
- Ruler-flat on-axis frequency response of 20 Hz to 20 KHz (± 1.5dB) assures accurate recordings without any added coloration.