The Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM Lens is an ultra-wide zoom that has a 35mm equivalent angle of view of a 12-24mm lens when used on DSLRs with APS-C size image sensors. Sigma’s FLD glass elements, equal to fluorite glass, correct for distortions and colour aberrations to deliver beautiful high contrast images.
The lens has a minimum focusing distance of 24cm allowing you to get in close to a subject to create exaggerated perspectives. This super wide angle zoom is perfect for shooting landscape photography, architecture, building interiors, photojournalism, wedding photography, group pictures and a wide variety of other shooting opportunities you may encounter.
- This is a DC series lens designed exclusively for use with Nikon DSLRs with APS-C size sensors
- The lens features FLD glass elements with performance equal to fluorite glass to compensate for colour aberration
- The Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting while superior peripheral brightness ensures high contrast images throughout the entire zoom range
- One hybrid aspherical lens and two glass mould elements give excellent correction for distortion and astigmatism
- It produces images with exaggerated perspective with its wide angle view
- The HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) ensures quiet and high speed AF as well as full-time manual focus capabilities
Note: Due to the curved shape of the front element, filters cannot be attached to this lens.
Note: Vignetting will occur if the lens is used with digital cameras with image sensors larger than APS-C size or 35mm SLR cameras.