The Sigma 14mm f/1.8 FG HSM lens is fast, wide-angle prime part of their Art line series of lenses that utilises both FLD and SLD glass elements to reduce chromatic aberrations and colour fringing. Four aspherical elements include the large-diameter precision glass element which will contribute to reducing distortion and aberrations for improved sharpness and accuracy of colour.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens’ is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Prime wide-angle 14mm f/1.8 lens is designed for full-frame sensors and can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 30mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.8 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low-light conditions and also provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimise lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and colour-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realises quick and quiet autofocusing, which is further complemented by an optimised AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- A rounded nine-blade diaphragm helps to produce an attractive out-of-focus quality.
- Fixed petal-shaped lens hood helps to reduce lens flare when working in strong lighting conditions and also offers some protection to the front element of the lens.
- The lens is constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material, along with traditional metals, for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability.
- This lens is compatible Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.