The AF-S Nikon 50mm f1.4G is Nikon’s finest 50mm lens. It’s large maximum aperture of f1.4 makes it an excellent hire choice for low-light shooting. This focal length is a staple for many photographers, providing superb image quality in a very compact and lightweight lens. As an alternative to carrying round a large zoom lens, prime lenses such as the 50mm f/1.4G handle well, and compliment a walk around style of photography nicely.
This Nikkor 50mm single focal length lens is especially suitable for professional and advanced amateurs using Nikon FX-format (full frame) cameras. Whilst on DX sensor cameras with a 1.5x crop factor, the lens provides a more portrait orientated 75mm equivalent focal length in a compact package.
Autofocus shooting using this lens is possible with SLR models without a built-in motor.
- Silent Wave Motor
- SWM (Silent Wave Motor) enables quiet automatic focusing with quick and convenient switching between autofocus and manual operation
- Non-Rotating Barrel
- Non-rotating front element allows the use of circular polarizing filters and lens-mounted flash accessories
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC) delivers superior color performance, while substantially reducing ghosting and flare
- Rounded Diaphragm
- 9-blade rounded diaphragm makes out-of-focus elements blend together smoothly for natural-looking backgrounds
- M/A Focus Mode
- M/A Focus Mode allows fast, smooth transitions, autofocus to manual operation