The Nikon AF-S 24mm f/1.4 G rental lens is designed for the professional photographer, seeking the utmost image quality. This lens features a study build, being mostly constructed from metal and magnesium alloys as well as dust and weather sealing to help with increased weather resistance. The rubberized focus ring is nicely damped and operates smoothly. This lens can be used with a polarising filter without issues, the front element does not rotate.
Optically, the lens features multiple special elements ( extra low dispersion and aspherical ) along with Nikon’s Nano Crystal Coating, helping to minimise flare and ghosting with forward light sources coming into the lens. With a SWM ( silent wave motor ) near silent, and smooth autofocus is possible. A maxiumium aperture of f/1.4 allows for low light shooting, and shallow depth of field even with the wide angle perspective that this lens provides. Available to rent now at Camera Hire.
- Prime Wide-Angle Perspective
- This fast, f/1.4 lens captures a natural wide angle of view, with extreme light gathering capability and delivers extraordinary performance to meet a broad range of challenging assignments.
- Nano Crystal Coat
- This lens features a Nano Crystal coat that reduces ghosting and internal flare across a wide range of wavelengths for impressive image clarity.
- 2 Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) Elements
- The ED elements in the AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G offer superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture settings.
- 2 Aspherical Lens Elements
- Aspherical lens elements virtually eliminate coma and other types of aberration, even when shooting at the widest available aperture.
- Rear Focus (RF)
- Rear focus provides smooth and fast autofocus while eliminating front barrel rotation and lens length changes.
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- The exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
- M/A Focus Mode Switch
- The M/A focus mode switch enables quick changes between manual and autofocus operation.
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- A rounded 9-blade diaphragm renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements.