The Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8 G hire lens is an excellent mid-range zoom, with a constant f/2.8 aperture and superb image quality throughout the entire zoom range. The Nikon 24-70mm lens features a rugged build, designed to withstand the often adverse working conditions of photographers and videographers in professional environments. For users of both FX and DX Nikon camera bodies, this hire lens provides an excellent midrange to short telephoto solution, and covers the mid range of the Nikon 2.8 zoom trifecta ( 14-24mm, 24-70mm and 70-200mm ).
. Optimized for edge-to-edge sharpness on both the Nikon FX (full-frame) and DX-format image sensors, this lens also includes three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) elements and PGM aspherical lenses that help control chromatic aberrations while enhancing sharpness and contrast, even at the widest aperture settings.
The Silent Wave Motor (SWM) feature provides swift autofocus with superior accuracy and ultra-quiet operation. This G-type lens does not feature an aperture ring on the lens body, resulting in a lighter and more compact lens. Aperture changes are designed to be done via the camera’s command dial.
- Three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) elements and PGM aspherical lenses control chromatic aberrations while enhancing sharpness and contrast.
- Exclusive Nano Crystal Coat further reduces ghosting and flare for even greater image clarity.
- Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet auto focusing without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject-working distance through the focus range.
- Rugged construction and professional-grade dust and moisture resistance.
- M/A Focus Mode switch enables quick response to changing situations between Auto and Manual focus operation.