Litepanels was at the vanguard of a lighting revolution which resulted in innovative fixtures which are used widely in broadcast, Pro A/V, on film sets and for news gathering applications. The benefits of using a Litepanels LED are many. The low-profile fixtures made of robust materials are virtually heat-free, allowing users to squeeze a light into tight places without harming the talent in front of the camera. Each LED in the fixture’s array is actually a tiny lens which can be constructed to yield a flood or spot beam of light (sometimes both) and a variety of colour temperatures.
Litepanels LEDs are HD friendly, meaning that they provide a soft but crisp quality of light without revealing harsh surface details on subjects, which would be made apparent by HD’s incredible sharpness.
This Litepanels MiniPlus 5600K Daylight Spot – 1 Light Kit contains everything the run-and-gun videographer needs to get started. The MiniPlus fixture contains a 140 LED array configured for a 30 degree beam spread. The included snap-in 12V battery powers the light for up to 2 hours. The battery indicator lets you know when to swap batteries. The MiniPlus dims 100 – 0% with minimal color shift. An optional 2m dimming module with 2 3m extensions is available for remote dimming. The kit includes a universal AC power supply / charger and conversion gel kit to balance your daylight MiniPlus with tungsten sources. Besides 2 power cables, Litepanels also includes a ball head with shoe-mount for flexible positioning on-camera and a hard carrying case to house it all.
- Highly Controllable
- Litepanels MiniPlus heads feature an output control knob for instant dimming from 100 – 0%, with minimal colour shift. Output is fully flicker-free and heat-free, and remains consistent, even as the battery voltage goes down. For additional control, units are available with pre-cut interchangeable conversion and diffusion gels that handily slip into an integral frame. Gels are supplied in 6 or 12 piece sets customised for every MiniPlus Camera Lite Kit, One-Lite, or Dual-Lite package.
- Not Power Hungry
- Litepanels MiniPlus is three times more efficient than a conventional tungsten camera light. And, it’s easy to handle because it’s virtually heat-free. The system offers an efficient snap-on NiMH 2+ hour battery pack. A convenient 5-step bar graph fuel gauge and improved charge indicator displays charging status and remaining battery power when the light is in use.
- MiniPlus 5600K Spot Photometrics
- Distance: 0.6 m = 160 footcandles / 1,700 lux
- Distance: 1.2 m = 72 footcandles / 775 lux
- Distance: 1.8 m = 28 footcandles / 280 lux
- Mounting Options
- The base plate allows the MiniPlus to be fully free standing, with easy pan and tilt adjustment. The Deluxe Detachable Ball Mount with integrated hot shoe allows for multiple configurations-on the base plate, camera hotshoe, or with other types of mounting hardware.
- Remote Dimming Module
- By using Litepanels’ optional Remote Dimming Module, operators can override the MiniPlus’ on-board dimmer at distances up to 8m, an invaluable capability when the situation calls for adjustments in intensity made away from the light fixture itself.
- Ready to Go – Optional Kits
- Litepanels MiniPlus is available in several configurations to suit individual requirements. Options range from the Camera Lite Kit, to single or dual Lite packages that feature virtually everything you’ll need in a handy case: heads, batteries, power adapters, cables, gel kits, and power adapter plugs for worldwide compatibility. The MiniPlus DV Lite Kit comes with a Sony, Panasonic or Canon DV adapter plate.
- Elegant Design
- The Litepanels MiniPlus head features a smart rectangular silhouette, conveniently suited to widescreen format. Measuring just 175 x 55 x 30 mm, the head weighs only 360g. With its black anodised finish and sleek design, the housing blends in with modern desktops. In fact, it is so unobtrusive that it is often used on desktops in-frame. But looks aren’t everything. Built for long life, the system is protected by a tough cast aluminum housing.
- MiniPlus Advantages
- Heat-free LED technology
- Produces bright, soft light
- Integrated dimmer 100 – 0%
- 50,000+ hour bulb life
- Highly efficient
- Minimal color shift when dimming
- Absolutely flicker-free 5600K or 3200K
- Snap-on 2+ hour rechargeable battery pack
- Deluxe Detachable Ball Mount and base plate
- DC-Run from battery, camera or car (10 – 30V)
- AC-Run from adapter (100 – 240V)
- Handsome rectangular design
- Integrated heatsink
- Integral gel frame fits neatly on face of units
- Optional DV battery adapter plate to run from
- Two optional DV camera batteries