The Elinchrom BXRi 500 Compact MonoLight is robotically manufactured, making possible extreme precision, light weight and the addition of computer chips for software implementation. Decoding the Ri designation, the R indicates remote operation capability, while the “i” stands for Eye-cell.
A Skyport EL receiver is now built-in, meaning not only remote, wireless triggering regardless of obstructions, at distances up to 394 feet, but also powering up and down or on and off with complete control of the modeling light. Eye-Cell is particularly handy when using the BXRi with the on-board optical slave to sync cameras with pre-flash or red-eye function. The photographer simply programs the number of pre-flashes specific to the camera or lets the BXRi 500 do it automatically.
Flash duration is an extremely fast 1/1558 sec., capable of freezing action without blur. Of course, that would be academic if your strobe didn’t recycle fast enough to keep up with the energy on the shoot. Elinchrom has that covered with recycling times of 1.45 sec. @ full power.
- Built-in El Skyport radio receiver enables non-line-of-sight flash triggering at distances up to 394 feet (120 meters) and complete control of the unit including powering up or down and modelling light
- Fully compatible with Elinchrom’s extensive line of reflectors and lightbanks
- The length of the flash-ready beep can be customised within a 70 to 490 m/s range
- Rubberised grip handle with high-impact, robust body shell and temperature-controlled fan
Studio lighting kit includes:
- Elinchrom BXRI 500 light
- Elinchrom softbox
- 2 Pocketwizard Plus II wireless transmitters/receivers
- 1 light stand