Convergent Design’s Odyssey7Q+ is a monitor/recorder that provides all of the features and functionality of the Odyssey7Q but adds support for 4K recording over HDMI. It features a 7.7″, 1280 x 800, OLED, touchscreen display with a 3400:1 contrast ratio, true blacks, and advanced image analysis tools, including waveform, histogram, false color, and built-in display LUTs. Out-of-the-box, the Odyssey7Q+ can record up to 4K/UHD in the compressed Apple ProRes 422 HQ format or up to 2K/1080p using the uncompressed DPX file format. Additionally, it supports several RAW recording options for ARRI, Canon, Sony, and POV cameras, which are available for purchase or rental from Convergent Design’s website.
The Odyssey7Q+ has two 3G-SDI inputs, two 3G-SDI outputs, and two bi-directional 3G-SDI connectors which can be assigned as either inputs or outputs via menu selection. It also has a 4K-capable HDMI input and an HDMI output that supports up to 1080p30 4:2:2. Most of the inputs/outputs are on the bottom of the monitor, with 1/4″-20 mounting threads on the sides. Dual SSD slots are provided for recording video to Convergent Design Premium 2.5″ SSDs, which offer high speeds, reliability, and power-loss protection. An AC adapter is included for powering the device, with optional battery plates available. Also included is a 36″ Micro HDMI to HDMI cable and a HDMI to Mini HDMI adapter, useful for using the Odyssey7Q+ with DSLRs and mirrorless cameras with Micro HDMI outputs.
Included Recording Options:
Camera Hire now has all available RAW Recording for Sony, Canon, Arri and Cion, included free of charge on all rentals.
- 4K/UHD 10-bit YCC 4:2:2 up to 30fps in Apple ProRes 422 HQ
- 2K/1080p 10-bit YCC 4:2:2 up to 60fps in Apple ProRes 422 HQ
- 1080i 10-bit YCC 4:2:2 up to 60i in Apple ProRes 422 HQ
- 720p 10-bit YCC 4:2:2 up to 60fps in Apple ProRes 422 HQ
- 2K/1080p RGB 10/12-bit 4:4:4 up to 30fps in DPX file format
- 1080p RGB 10-bit 4:4:4 up to 60fps in DPX file format
Image Analysis Tools
- Display LUTs — ARRI Log-C, Canon C-Log, Sony S-Log, S-Log2, S-Log3
- Focus Assist — Video + Edges (Peaking), Edges Only, Enhanced Edges, user choice of color: Red, Green, or Blue
- Waveform— Luma only, RGB Parade, Red only, Blue only, Green only, Full Size and Compact Size options
- Histogram — Luma only, RGB Parade, Red only, Blue only, Green only, Full Size and Compact Size options
- False Colour — 5 programmable levels
- Zebras — Adjustable exposure indicators
- Pixel Zoom — 1:1 and 2:1 Pixel Zoom with moveable image
- Aspect Ratio Guides — Standard and Custom (user adjustable), may be used for framing guides, Horizontal/Vertical framing guides available