The Canon 85mm f/1.2L Mark II hire lens is a high speed lens delivering incredible optical performance into the lowest of lighting. As Canon’s flagship 85mm prime, this lens provides a simply stunning aesthetic, considered by many to be rather unique to this particular lens. Of particular note is the superb rendition of out of focus areas and highlights, giving photographers and videographers alike the ability to isolate subject matter amongst a scene in a remarkable fashion.
Retaining the impressive optical performance and large aperture of its predecessor, this lens has been improved with a ring-type ultrasonic autofocus motor (USM), high-speed CPU and optimized algorithms to achieve fast, smooth and quiet autofocus. Manual focus override enables precise manual focus at any time, even in AF mode. The truly circular aperture creates a shallow depth-of-field that brings attention to the subject and blurs the background, which is ideal for portraits. This L-series lens features weather-sealing to protect the lens from damage brought on by moisture and dust. With this lens, you can push the limits of available light photography.
- Large f/1.2 Aperture
- The large maximum aperture of f/1.2 provides outstanding speed for shooting in low light conditions, without the need for flash.
- Fast and Quiet AF
- The ring-type USM uses ultrasonic frequency vibrations to drive extremely rapid autofocus with near-silent operation. A high-speed CPU and optimized AF algorithms contribute further to AF speed. Full time electronic manual focus override is available without having to switch out of AF.
- Super Spectra Coatings
- Super Spectra lens coatings and lens element shaping suppress flare and ghosting, more prone to occur with digital cameras due to reflection off the image sensor. Coatings also help achieve true color balance and increase contrast for vivid hi-fidelity images.
- Aspherical Element
- The floating optical system, which includes an aspherical lens element, suppresses aberrations and ensures excellent imaging performance.
- 8-Bladed Circular Aperture
- The circular aperture creates a shallow depth-of-field that brings attention to the subject and blurs the background, which is ideal for portraits.