The Canon 24-105mm f/4 L IS Lens is a high quality, versatile and image stabilised zoom ideal for anybody looking for excellent image quality paired with a useful zoom range.
The inbuilt Image Stabilizer gives an equivalent effect to using a shutter speed three stops faster during hand-held shooting. The 24-105mm f/4L IS lens also features optimised lens coating in order to minimise ghosting and flare.
The L-series is Canon’s flagship professional lens series, combining the highest standards of precision optics and operability with dust and moisture resistant construction. Canon’s ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM) provides silent and quick autofocus as well as full-time manual focus override. One Super-UD and three aspherical lens elements minimise aberrations for overall optical clarity.
The lens utilises circular aperture blades, produces attractive background bokeh and has a close focus distance of just 45cm throughout the entire zoom range.
- Image Stabiliser
- Ideal for handheld work, IS Optical Image Stabiliser allows use of shutter speeds up to 3-stops slower with no perceptible increase in image blur.
- Fixed Aperture
- With no change in aperture over the full focal length range, photographers can set exposure at the widest aperture and zoom through to 105mm without slowing shutter speed.
- Super UD and Aspherical Lens Elements
- Constructed with one Super-UD glass element and three aspherical lenses, this lens minimizes chromatic aberration and distortion. The result is excellent picture quality, even at wide apertures.
- Ring USM
- Ring USM (Ultrasonic motor) uses ultrasonic frequency vibrations to drive responsive, near-silent high speed auto focus. Good holding torque stops the focusing lens group with precision without overshoot. Full time manual focus override is available without having to switch out of AF.
- Super Spectra Coatings
- Optimized Super Spectra lens coatings and lens element shaping suppress flare and ghosting – more prone to occur with digital cameras due to reflection off the image sensor. Coatings also help achieve true color balance and increase contrast for vivid hi-fidelity images.