The Canon 135mm f/2L hire lens is a high speed short telephoto delivering incredible optical performance into the lowest of lighting. As Canon’s flagship 135 this lens provides a beautiful aesthetic, one adored by many photographers and rather unique to this particular lens. Of particular note is the superb rendition of out of focus areas and highlights, giving photographers and videographers alike the ability to isolate subject matter amongst a scene in a remarkable fashion. With beautiful rendition of bokeh, and the subject isolation provided by the 135mm focal length and wide maximum aperture the 135L is an amazing lens to have at hand for any job.
With its f/2 maximum aperture, it is effective in low light situations and able to obtain shallow depth of field with superior background blur. A ten element optical formula with two UD-glass elements serves to correct residual aberrations, resulting in superb sharpness and high image quality.
An ultrasonic autofocus motor (USM) enables fast, smooth and silent autofocus and fulltime manual override allows for precise manual focus even in autofocus mode. The minimum focus distance for the 135mm f/2 is 3.0′. A switch on the lens barrel enables you to adjust the focusing distance range for faster autofocus speed. It is a stellar portrait and available light lens and is fully compatible with the Canon EF extenders.
- Two UD Glass Elements
- Two UD-glass elements minimize aberrations and result in sharp pictures from corner-to-corner.
- Ultrasonic Autofocus Motor
- An Ultrasonic Autofocus Motor (USM) provides fast, smooth and quiet autofocus.
- Focus Range Limiter
- On the 135mm f/2L lens you can choose the focusing distance range with a switch on the lens barrel. By setting a suitable focusing distance range, actual autofocus time can be shorter. The two focusing ranges are 3.0′ to infinity and 5.2′ to infinity
- Manual Focus Override
- Full-time manual focus override allows you to use manual focus mode for precision focusing at any time, even when in autofocus mode.