Profoto’s Air Remote E-TTL transmitter for Canon is the key to wireless triggering and TTL remote control of its B1 and B2 AirTTL Off Camera Flash heads. Operating on the 2.4 GHz bandwidth, the transmitter, really a controller, has 8 frequency channels and with 3 groups per channel and a range of up to 100 meters for TTL triggering and 300 meters for normal triggering. Each channel has power ratio capability of +/- 2 stops. If you prefer to use manual you have +/- 9 stops power variation. You’ve also got modeling light, unit shut-down and first or rear curtain control. The TTL-C, the B1 500 AirTTL and B2 Off Camera Flashes have micro-USB connectors for firmware updates directly from Profoto’s website, such as High Speed sync which allows sync speeds as short as 1/8,000 sec. Besides the B1 and B2, the Air Remote TTL-C will also manually remote trigger all Profoto Air packs and monolights but without the TTL feature.
- Off-Camera Full TTL Control for Profoto B1 and B2 AirTTL Flashes
- Place the Air Remote TTL-C on your camera hot shoe to merge your camera’s TTL with your Profoto AirTTL flash. Then point-and-shoot and let the camera/flash technology automatically adjust the light output. It could not be easier
- Remote Triggering for Profoto Air Flashes
- With the Air Remote TTL-C you can remote control multiple Profoto B1 or B2 flashes directly from your camera. Control an endless number of lights in up to 3 groups from up to 100 meters in TTL and 300 meters in manual mode. Any Profoto head or pack with built-in Air technology can also be triggered but without TTL
- Fast and Reliable Flash Sync
- Air is one of the most reliable wireless systems available to sync your flashes with your camera. It is also fast enough to provide flash sync with to the fastest X-sync speed of your camera. If you are using Profoto Air flashes no external receiver is required. If other Profoto flashes are used, connect an optional Air Remote or Air Sync transceiver to your flash
- High Speed Sync as Fast as 1/8,000 Sec.
- High-Speed Sync (HSS) is the technical term for syncing flash with shutter speeds shorter than the so-called x-sync – typically 1/250 of a second. It is a useful tool for controlling ambient light and for freezing action. Profoto uses a unique, patent-pending technology, providing an extremely fast series of flash pulses. With the free Profoto HSS upgrade installed, you switch to HSS Mode with a simple button-press that allows you to shoot at shutter speeds as fast as 1/8000 of a second.
- A Wireless System with a Wide Range of Options
- Air Remote TTL-C is an integrated part of a wide range of Air products comprised of camera transceivers, accessory cables and software, all designed to offer a better wireless solution for professional photographers. Operating on the 2.4 GHz frequency band, the TTL-C is approved for worldwide use. A micro-USB port for free firmware upgrades is built into the B1 and B2 flashes