This camera kit comprises of the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 camera body kit, with the additional AG-YAGHY Interface Unit and also a Lumix 12-35mm f/2.8 zoom lens.
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 is a mirrorless, MFT (Micro Four-Thirds) format camera, capable of recording both video and stills with superb quality. Building upon the widely acclaimed GH2 and GH3 models, the newest iteration adds not only 4K video and vast improvements to still image quality but also a range of professional features that videographers will especially appreciate. This kit includes the AG-YAGHY interface unit, opening up additional features and connectivity that would otherwise be impossible with the small form factor of the GH4. Included in this kit is the Panasonic Lumix 12-35mm f/2.8 OIS zoom lens.
The Lumix DMW-YAGHY Interface Unit for GH4 from Panasonic is designed to give the Lumix DMC-GH4 camera the video, audio, and power connectivity required for professional video workflows. When attached to the GH4, the Interface Unit has 2 monaural XLR inputs for line or condenser microphones, and gives you independent volume control of the left and right channels. There is also an audio level display monitor and +48V of phantom power for each channel.
When it comes to video outputs, the Interface Unit provides four BNC connectors – two 3G-SDI capable and two HD-SDI capable. It outputs quad-link SDI 4K video in 4:2:2 10-bit, dual-link 4:2:2 10-bit 1080p up to 60 fps, or four simultaneous 1080p streams up to 30 fps – all with timecode. The Interface Unit also has a BNC connector for timecode input, and converts the GH4’s micro HDMI output to a full-sized HDMI output. For power, a 4-pin XLR 12VDC input is available.
Please note: When using 4:2:2/10-bit output, simultaneous video recording to an SDHC/SDXC memory card in the DMC-GH4 is not possible.
Panasonic‘s Lumix 12-35mm f/2.8 lens is the first constant-aperture standard zoom for a mirror-less system camera. With an equivalent (in 35mm format) 24-70mm zoom range, this is a close match for a type of zoom lens that’s very popular with photographers using full-frame cameras–from a true wide-angle to a short telephoto focal length and a bright f/2.8 maximum aperture through the entire range.
This lens features POWER O.I.S. image stabilisation, nearly silent operation when shooting video, and specially treated glass that dramatically reduces ghosting and flare (Nano Surface Coating), minimises chromatic aberration (Ultra Extra-Low Dispersion glass), and improves descriptive performance from corner to corner (Ultra High Refractive glass). A splash-proof and dust-proof design means you won’t need to handle this lens with kid gloves, or put your camera away when a drop of rain falls. This lightweight (10.8 oz) lens is also compact (2.9×2.7″) and has a sturdy build quality, with a durable metal mount.
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 4K Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera is a hybrid camera designed for both professional photo and video use. It features a 16 megapixel CMOS sensor, capable of capturing high-resolution JPEG and RAW stills, as well as UHD 4K 3840×2160 30p/24p and cinematic DCI 4K 4096×2160 video at 24p. Like its predecessor, the GH4 features a weather-sealed magnesium alloy body, while offering increased resolution on both the OLED monitor and electronic viewfinder. It also features built-in Wi-Fi with NFC technology, in-camera creative controls, and a high-speed 49-point autofocus in both photo and video mode.
The GH4 delivers video quality surpassing many professional video cameras. Video can be recorded in a variety of formats, from efficient AVCHD and AVCHD Progressive, to 200 Mbps All-Intra and 100 Mbps IPB MOV and MP4 formats. And because the GH4 is a global camera, the system frequency can be switched between 59.94 Hz (23.98 Hz) and 50 Hz, yielding a variety of recording options including 23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, and 59.94p. The system can also be switched to 24 Hz to capture true 24p in HD and 4K resolutions.
Video and photos are recorded to SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards. For high bit-rate 100 Mbps and 200 Mbps formats, SDHC/SDXC UHS-I Speed Class 3 (U3) cards are supported and recommended. Video recorded to SD cards is 4:2:0 8-bit. Real-time 4:2:2 8-bit and 4:2:2 10-bit video can also be sent to an external monitor or recorder with an optional micro HDMI cable. Additional video features include focus peaking, time code support, and cine-like gamma options. For unique expressions, VBR (Variable Frame Rate), time lapse, and stop motion animation videos can be recording internally without the need for additional post-production processing.
- 16.05 Megapixel Digital Live MOS Sensor and Venus Engine
- The 16.05-megapixel Digital Live MOS sensor delivers high-quality images with high sensitivity and quick response times. The increased signal speed readout helps to suppress the effects of rolling shutter. In conjunction with the quad-core Venus Engine image processor, you’ll enjoy dramatically improved sensitivity (maximum ISO 25600), gradation performance, resolution, and color reproduction.
- Micro Four Thirds Sensor and Lens Mount
- The DMC-GH4’s Micro Four Thirds sized sensor is large enough for shallow depth of field and yet small enough to take advantage of lighter, more compact lenses than a larger format camera would require. Plus, the short flange focal distance of the Micro Four Thirds Lens Mount makes it possible to add optional adapters (sold separately) to use a wide range of lenses, including PL-mount cinema lenses.
- Dual OLED Displays – Monitor and Live View Finder
- High-speed, organic LED displays are used for both the Live View Finder and the rear monitor. The 3.0″ monitor features a 1,036K-dot resolution, while the LVF features a 2,359K-dot resolution. These displays feature 100% coverage and a 10,000:1 contrast ratio. An Eye Sensor automatically switches between the Live View-Finder and the rear monitor, for easy shooting with both.
- Magnesium Alloy, Weather Sealed Body
- The DMC-GH4 features a magnesium alloy full die cast front and rear frame. A splash and dustproof design is achieved by tightly sealing the joints and control components. To further meet the demands of professional use, the shutter is rated for approximately 200,000 releases.
- Wi-Fi with NFC Technology
- The DMC-GH4 integrates Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC, letting you use the Panasonic Image App for remote photo and video shooting with compatible smartphones or tablets. The app also lets you embed location data to an image after shooting. If your mobile device isn’t NFC compatible, you can still connect to the camera by scanning a QR code displayed on the GH4’s monitor.
- 49-Area AF / Custom Multi AF
- The newly developed AF system features 49 points, giving you more flexibility when composing shots. The Custom Multi mode extends that flexibility even more with the ability to freely select what blocks to focus out of the 49 possible focusing areas.
- High-Speed Autofocus
- The high-precision Contrast AF integrates DFD (Depth from Defocus) technology to achieve AF speeds of approximately 0.07 sec in AFS mode. This enables the camera to shoot bursts of 12 fps in AFS mode.
- Silent Mode
- The Silent mode switches the shutter from mechanical to electronic and turns off sounds, while suppressing the AD assist lamp and flash with just a single setting. This is useful when capturing photos in situations where noise and light from the camera would be a distraction to performers or people around you.
- In-Camera RAW Data Development
- Shoot RAW photos and process the images in-camera to create JPEG images, instead of relying on post-processing. You can adjust the color space setting (sRGB / AdobeRGB), white balance, noise reduction, sharpness, and hue. Lumix’s Photo Style, Intelligent D-Range Control, and Intelligent Resolution can also be applied.
- Picture Profiles
- Choose from a range of Photo Styles and Creative Control modes. Photo Styles for stills or video include Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait, and Custom. Contrast, sharpness, noise reduction, saturation, and hue parameters can be adjusted for each mode and even set into the camera’s memory.
- Professional 4K Video Recording
- The DMC-GH4 brings the GH-line into the 4K age by offering both 16:9 UHD 4K 3840×2160 video at 23.98p, 24p or 29.97p, and 17:9 DCI (Digital Cinema Initiatives) 4K 4096×2160 videos at 24p. 4K resolutions can be recorded as MOV or MP4 files in high bitrate 100 Mbps IPB codec. When recording at 100 Mbps, you will need an SDHC/SDXC memory card capable of handling the transfer speed.Please note: For better quality, 4K recording modes use a 1:1 pixel map of the sensor. This yields a slight crop of the sensor, resulting in approximately a full-frame crop factor of approximately 2.3x when shooting DCI 4K resolution.
- Selectable System Frequency
- The DMC-GH4 is a true global camera, with system frequency switchable from 59.94 Hz (23.98 Hz) and 50 Hz. You can also select 24 Hz frequency for true 24 fps cinematic video.
- VFR (Variable Frame Rate)
- The VFR mode enables Full HD video recording with slow/fast motion, depending on the video format and system frequency selected.59.94 Hz
MOV/FHD/100 Mbps/29.97p, MP4(LPCM)/FHD/100 Mbps/29.97p:
2 fps, 15 fps, 26 fps, 28 fps, 30 fps, 32 fps, 34 fps, 45 fps, 60 fps, 75 fps, 90 fps, 96 fps
MOV/FHD/100 Mbps/23.98p, MP4(LPCM)/FHD/100 Mbps/23.98p:
2 fps, 12 fps, 20 fps, 22 fps, 24 fps, 26 fps, 28 fps, 36 fps, 48 fps, 60 fps, 72 fps, 84 fps, 96 fps
2 fps, 15 fps, 26 fps, 28 fps, 30 fps, 32 fps, 34 fps, 45 fps, 60 fps
2 fps, 12 fps, 20 fps, 22 fps, 24 fps, 26 fps, 28 fps, 36 fps, 48 fps, 60 fps50 Hz
MOV/FHD/100 Mbps/25.00p, MP4(LPCM)/FHD/100 Mbps/25.00p:
2 fps, 12 fps, 21 fps, 23 fps, 25 fps, 27 fps, 30 fps, 37 fps, 50 fps, 62 fps, 75 fps, 96 fps
2 fps, 12 fps, 21 fps, 23 fps, 25 fps, 27 fps, 30 fps, 37 fps, 50 fps24 Hz
MOV/FHD/100 Mbps/24.00p, MP4(LPCM)/FHD/100 Mbps/24.00p:
2 fps, 12 fps, 20 fps, 22 fps, 24 fps, 26 fps, 28 fps, 36 fps, 48 fps, 60 fps, 72 fps, 84 fps, 96 fps
- Versatile Video Recording Formats
- Choose the video format that is right for each project. The DMC-GH4 is capable of ultra high bitrate video recording at 200 Mbps (All-Intra) or 100 Mbps (IPB). Available formats include MOV, MP4, AVCHD Progressive, and AVCHD at a variety of frame rates. In MP4 / MOV, high quality LPCM (Linear Pulse Code Modulation) sound can be recorded. All internally recorded video codecs use 4:2:0 color sampling and an 8-bit color depth.
- Real-Time 4:2:2 Output with HDMI
- Send 4:2:2 8-bit or 4:2:2 10-bit video in real-time to external monitors or recorders via the micro HDMI output. An optional micro HDMI cable is required. When outputting a 4:2:2 10-bit signal over HDMI, video cannot be recorded on the SDHX/SDXC memory card in the camera.
- Focus Peaking
- For easy focusing, the GH4 incorporates a Focus Peaking function that shows the peak of focus in MF and AF+MF modes. Users can see the peaking of focus while monitoring the subject in live view. It can be set to HIGH / LOW / OFF and the color can also be changed to blue, white or orange according to the color of the shooting scene during live view. Focus peaking is also available while remote photo/video shooting with smartphone or tablet via Wi-Fi.
- Luminance Level Adjustment
- In addition to the standard luminance level of 16-235 and 16-255, the DMC-GH4 also offers 0-255.
- Additional Video Features
- Time code – SMPTE-compliant time code for synching multiple devices
- Color bars – benchmark for fixing color or brightness
- 1 KHz test tone – benchmark for fixing sound or volume
- Center marker – guide mark for video composition
- Synchro scan – suppress flicker on monitors or from fluorescent lights
- Cine-like gamma – “CINELIKE D” and “CINELIKE V” produce a cinema-like tones
- Master Pedestal – adjust brightness balance ±15 steps based on the color black
- Zebra Pattern – display lines on over-exposed area