The Canon EOS C100 Mark II Cinema Camera with Dual Pixel CMOS AF is the updated version of the C100, designed for event videographers, documentarians and independent filmmakers. It incorporates the continuous autofocus function compatible with all Canon autofocus lenses, using Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology. This new feature provides faster and more accurate autofocusing to assist users when operating with small crews.
The C100 Mark II also includes a variety of upgraded features including face detection AF, MP4 recording, additional frame rates when recording in AVCHD and slow & fast motion options when recording in MP4. The Mark II also has an additional microphone on the camera body for recording sound when the top handle is removed. It incorporates a 3.5″ OLED display with increased resolution, and the EVF is now almost twice as large as on the original C100 and tilts as well. The Mark II supports GPS, and features built-in wireless functionality. The HDMI output supports timecode, as does the original C100, but it also supports Canon Log LUT.
The EOS C100 Mark II uses the same Super 35mm Canon CMOS sensor as the C300, but uses a Digic DV 4 processor. With an EF lens mount, the camera is compatible with the full range of Canon EF, EF-S, and EF Cinema lenses. This is particularly useful for DSLR shooters who have already invested in Canon lenses. The camera uses the AVCHD codec to record 1080p video up to 24 Mbps. It supports dual SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards which, thanks to the efficient AVCHD codec, allows you to record nearly three hours of HD video on a single 32GB card. For professional applications, you can also record clean, uncompressed 4:2:2 video with embedded timecode via the HDMI output.
The ergonomic design of the EOS C100 Mark II is streamlined to support one-person shoots. Weighing only 2.2 pounds in its basic configuration, the camera’s flexible modular design supports a variety of shooting styles. Additional features such as One-Shot AF and Push Auto Iris allow operators to spend less time checking camera settings and more time capturing cinematic footage.
- Waveform monitor; standard and RGB modes
- Exposure/Focus aids: Peaking, Zebra, Magnify, Edge Monitor Focus Assist, Black and White Mode
- Drop Frame (DF) or Non-Drop Frame (NDF) Timecode
- Timecode modes: Regen, Record Run, Free Run
- Nice Customized Picture Profiles available in camera and up to 20 can be saved to an SD card
- Custom picture profiles can be adjusted using the following settings: Gamma, Black, Black Gamma, Low Key Saturation, Knee, Sharpness, Noise Balance, Color Correction, Setup Level
- 15 assignable function buttons
- SMPTE, EBU, or ARIB standard color bars can be selected
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF Technology
- Continuous Recording
- 320 to 102,400 ISO Range
- Viewfinder Magnification Location Shift
- Record Button Lock
- Super 35mm 8.3MP CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor
- Low Light Sensitivity
- Canon Log Gamma and Wide DR Gamma
- EF Lens Mount with EF Contacts
- Multiple Recording Modes and Frame Rates in AVCHD, MP4
- Uncompressed HDMI Out with Timecode & Canon Log LUT Support
- Removable Top Handle with XLR Inputs and Stereo Microphone
- High Resolution EVF and Integrated OLED Display
- AVCHD or MP4 File Based Recording to SD Cards
- One Shot AF and Push Auto Iris
- Built-In ND Filters
- Remote Terminal